Lugar favorito para senderismo
"The Bode Museum is part of the Museum Island and is a World Heritage Site. The building houses the sculpture collection, the Museum of Byzantine Art and the Coin Cabinet.
21 years had passed since the opening of the National Gallery in 1876 when the next cornerstone was laid on Museum Island. There had already been an architectural competition in 1882, the results of which had been felt to be inadequate. Finally, Ernst Ihne was commissioned to build the Kaiser Friedrich Museum, today's Bode Museum.
Architecture of the Bode Museum
The neo-baroque building is majestically reflected in the waters of the Spree arms that flow here. His dome, under which there is a hall of fame, sets an urban accent at this prominent place. The entrance is at the rounded tip. To achieve this, the two bridges had to be built. The three-wing system on the outside turns out to be a multi-part complex with a total of five atriums. The Bode Museum was completely renovated until 2005.
Pergamon Museum on Museum Island
The last building on Museum Island was the Pergamon Museum, which had to occupy the entire space between the New Museum, the National Gallery and the S-Bahn line due to the rapidly expanding collection of antiquities and required high skylight halls. The plans came from Alfred Messel, who had become famous for his department store architecture (Wertheim on Leipziger Platz and on Rosenthaler Strasse, some still preserved), but died before the start of construction. "Source & further information at: berlin .com / attractions / 3561144-3558930-bode museum.html
20 de febrero de 2018
"The unfinished museum
So work began in 1912 under the direction of his childhood friend Ludwig Hoffmann, but it dragged on until 1930 and ultimately remained unfinished. In addition to the existing three-wing system, the plans included a colonnade between the side wings on the Kupfergraben, a one-storey extension of the New Museum along the water (also currently in the planning for the restoration of the New Museum), an entrance hall (today's glass case dates from 1982) and one Connecting wing to the Bode Museum, which is cut off from the rest of the island by the S-Bahn line. In addition, the area should be rearranged from the main front in terms of urban planning. Colossal, i.e. Doric pilasters spanning both floors structure the side wings, on the front sides half columns support the strikingly steep gables. Hoffmann transformed Messel's heavy "state baroque" into classicist forms that lead to the architectural language of the new and old museums. The complex appears enormously massive due to the windowless, erratic high-rise building, but also because of the flat side wings. "Source & further information at: berlin.de/sehenswuerdigkeits/3561144-3558930-bode-museum.html
20 de febrero de 2018
Inicia sesión para compartir tu conocimiento con más amantes de la aventura.