Lugar favorito para senderismo
The Beekhuizerbeek was originally a spring brook to which sprinkling heads were added later.
The stream originates in a large, deeply buried sprinkling head in the forest area northeast of Velp, near the Beekhuizense Weg. Downstream, at the level of the "Beekhuizen" pavilion, there is a waterfall followed by a narrow pond. Further on, the water again passes over a waterfall and then feeds the large ornamental pond in Beekhuizen. The height difference of the waterfall was used nearby for the former paper mill at Beekhuizen. Nothing of this mill has been preserved. The pond has nothing to do with this former mill.
From here the stream flows along the east side of the built-up area of Velp. Further downstream, at the foot of the Keienberg, there is a white plastered miller's house with wall anchors 1617. This restored house and the mill head with waterfall are the remains of the Papiermolen on the Keienberg.Source: Bekenstichting
16 de abril de 2021
Inicia sesión para compartir tu conocimiento con más amantes de la aventura.