Lugar favorito para senderismo
"The Neue Wache on the boulevard Unter den Linden 4 is a monument in Berlin's Mitte district. It was one of the main works in the years 1816-1818 by Karl Friedrich Schinkel and Solomo Sachs as a guard building for the Royal Palace opposite and a monument to the Wars of Liberation of German classicism, it has served as the central memorial of the Federal Republic of Germany for the victims of war and tyranny since 1993. In addition to a relief by Johann Gottfried Schadow, the building complex also includes five general statues by Christian Daniel Rauch, which together with the statues and reliefs of the castle bridge remember the Wars of Liberation. "
The whole story and more can be found on Wikipedia
7 de enero de 2020
The Neue Wache, on the street Unter den Linden, has been the central memorial of the Federal Republic of Germany since 1993 and commemorates the victims of war and tyranny.
The rather small Neue Wache is right next to the Zeughaus, which now houses the German Historical Museum. It was built in the years 1816 to 1818 according to the designs of Karl Friedrich Schinkel.
The Neue Wache served as the "main guard and royal guard" until 1918 and, despite being used actively, was understood as a memorial to the "Wars of Liberation". In 1931, Reich President Paul von Hindenburg determined that the building should become a memorial to those who died in the First World War. The redesign was carried out by the architect Heinrich Tessenow, who set up a black granite block with an oak leaf wreath made of silver and gold inside.
After the guard was almost completely destroyed in World War II, the GDR leadership had the building reconstructed and converted into a memorial for the victims of fascism and militarism in 1960. Inside, an "Eternal Flame" burned over the urns of an unknown concentration camp inmate and an unknown soldier. The sculpture "Mother with Dead Son" by Käthe Kollwitz has been inside since 1993 and commemorates the victims of war and tyranny.
30 de enero de 2020
From 1816 to 1818 on behalf of Friedrich Wilhelm III. The main guard and royal guard built according to plans by Karl Friedrich Schinkel served as a guard building for the Royal Palace opposite and as a memorial to those who died in the Wars of Liberation against Napoleon. It is one of the great works of classicism and today serves as the central memorial of the Federal Republic of Germany for the victims of war and tyranny.
3 de julio de 2020
Inicia sesión para compartir tu conocimiento con más amantes de la aventura.
Las Rutas que recomendamos proceden de las actividades realizadas por los usuarios de komoot.