Lugar favorito para cicloturismo
Although the Kasteel is not open to the public, it is worth a visit.
First mentioned in a document in 1380, it consists of different architectural styles. The surrounding avenues and, last but not least, the nearby Römerweg are a real cycling highlight.
7 de julio de 2020
The castle was first mentioned on June 28, 1380, in a statement in which two men promised to release Didderic van Oest for a debt. If they did not keep their promise, they would voluntarily go to Hellenrade's house on so-called performance (a kind of bail).
In the 15th century Hillenraad only consisted of the central part.
In 1572 William of Orange was seat on Hillenraad, from which he led the siege of Roermond. Arnold Schenck van Nijdeggen was the lord of the castle at the time.
The fame Swalmen was combined with the fame Asselt in 1695 and made the market foreland.
The castle was expanded in the 17th and 18th centuries and the four corner towers were built.
The current resident is T. de Guerre, grandson of Count Herman Jozef Wolff Metternich.
18 de septiembre de 2019
Inicia sesión para compartir tu conocimiento con más amantes de la aventura.
Las Rutas que recomendamos proceden de las actividades realizadas por los usuarios de komoot.