Lugar favorito para senderismo
The almost 900-year-old castle was burned down in the Peasants' War by farmers under the leadership of the knight Götz von Berlichingen. Since then it is a ruin. Despite everything, you will be amazed how well the huge walls are still preserved. If you walk over the ancient stone pavement and look at the huge walls, the craftsmanship of old builders will impress you.
23 de noviembre de 2017
The ruin of the hill castle lies on a mountain spur of the Schlossberg in 365,2 m above sea level. NN above the valley of the Mud, three kilometers southeast of Kirchzell only a few hundred meters northeast of the center of Preunschen, about 13 kilometers southwest of the county town Miltenberg.
The lords of Dürn, deserving followers of the Hohenstaufen emperors and guardians of the monastery of Amorbach, are considered the builders of the castle, whose origin is dated between 1180 and around 1200. After the Amorbacher monastic chronicle but only his grandson Konrad I von Dürn (died 1258) began around 1216 with the construction. Probably this is probably just the construction of the gate tower meant.
In the years 1271 and 1272 the castle was partly sold to the archbishopric Mainz after financial difficulties of the Dürner and later to the official residence of the Mainz administration, after the rule Walldürn 1292 of Mainz was completely acquired. The administration was initially by officers, later by Vogt or Burggraf. 1291 was a Heinrich official, around 1320 it was Konrad Rüdt von Collenberg. In 1337, Archbishop Heinrich reconciled himself with his cathedral chapter and for a short time handed over the canons to Wildenberg Castle. In 1350, the castle was pledged to Eberhard von Rosenberg. In 1354, Konrad Rüdt von Collenberg relinquished the pledge. By increasing his bonds to the archbishopric Mainz Konrad also received the offices Walldürn and Buchen. In 1356, an earthquake is said to have severely damaged the castle. Archbishop Gerlach pledged in January of the same year, without the approval of his cathedral chapter, the Engelhard von Hirschhorn castle Wildenburg, the city of Amorbach and a Gülte in Miltenberg. One year later, he borrows money from his Wildenburg burgrave Konrad Rüdt von Collenberg. 
From 1368 were Wiprecht von Dürn, Eberhardt Rüdt von Bödigheim, Fritz von Dürn and Eberhard von Fechenbach Mainz castle men. In the following period until the 15th century, mostly representatives of these families are mentioned as ministers.
In the years 1400 to 1511, the castle was later medieval developed. The west tower and the barrier wall were created by the castle courtyard, the chapel was renewed. The castle was until 1525 the seat of a Mainz office of the Office Amorbach. In the Peasants' War it was farmers from the "Hellen heap" of the knight Gotz von Berlichingen who burnt down the castle Wildenberg on May 4, 1525. Since then she is a ruin.
10 de febrero de 2017
The path to the castle, which mostly leads through forests, is easy. However, good hiking shoes are recommended, as it goes well up and down in between. Despite its ruinous condition, the Wildenberg itself is one of the best preserved castles in the Staufer period in southern Germany and impresses with a wide variety of stonemason signs (at least 50 different ones have been verified);
1 de junio de 2020
The "Ruine Wildenberg" is located near Preunschen (district of Kirchzell) in the Miltenberg district, Bavaria.- also known as "Ruine Wildenburg"
- So-called Höhenburg or Spornburg (see burg-ruinen.de/einleitung/höhenburg)
- Further information: burgenarchiv.de/burg_wildenberg_in_bayern and nibelungenland.net/Media/Attraktionen/Burg-Wildenberg
25 de septiembre de 2020
Inicia sesión para compartir tu conocimiento con más amantes de la aventura.
Las Rutas que recomendamos proceden de las actividades realizadas por los usuarios de komoot.