Senior Finance Manager
Millions of people all over the world experience real-life adventures with komoot. We help our users to discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering them to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re pretty good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times - and with more than 14 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on its way to become the most popular cycling and hiking app worldwide.
About the role
As our Senior Finance Manager, you will be responsible for komoot’s accounting - one of the most successful startups in Europe. You will monitor and properly book the revenues of one of Germany’s top 5 grossing apps. You will handle the accounting of a growing team of 67 people that is spread across 15 countries, and you’ll enable the management and teams to operate and drive decisions based on financial data.
You are a perfect fit for this role if you love to ensure that every cent is in the correct account and you make sure everyone has an impeccably accurate overview of financial results. This is a unique opportunity to join a successful, growing and financially healthy European startup and become a member of our fully remote team passionate about the outdoors.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Be responsible for managing all of komoot’s accounting.
- Manage komoot’s controlling.
- Create and update important financial and investor reports.
- Report to tax authorities.
- Communicate and be the first contact for our tax advisor.
- Communicate and be the first contact for our auditor.
Why you will love it
- We are a lean team that values results, is open for change, new approaches and SaaS solutions.
- We’ll show you how a successful digital company operates remotely across Europe .
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, co - working location of your choice, our HQ in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone situated between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides. You can check out this playlist (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6sbHrhRcoUkLohCUKj9imZkJc_1_Av5X) to find out more about our team.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 5+ years experience as a finance accountant, finance manager, senior finance manager or similar.
- Have 3+ years experience working with DATEV or similar software.
- Have advanced knowledge of Excel and you know Google Sheets by heart.
- Are digitally savvy and have experience working with financial SaaS tools.
- Are super detail oriented, solution driven and really into making your work more efficient via automation.
- Speak German and English fluently.
- Bonus: You have already worked with tools like Candis, Soldo or similar.
Sounds like you?
Send us the following
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your blog, Twitter/Instagram account, or anything else you’d like to share with us.
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot