Senior Sales Manager
Cold calling, lead generation, account management. The word “sales” and everything it entails gives some people the shivers, but not you! You love the feeling of closing the deal – searching for new leads and helping them see the value in your product is all part of the fun!
Millions of people all over the world experience real-life outdoor adventures with komoot. We help our users to discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering them to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re pretty good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times - and with more than 14 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on its way to become the most popular cycling and hiking app worldwide.
But it’s not just our users who love komoot. We’ve also got a well-established natively integrated ad format – Sponsored Collections – which is leveraged by hundreds of happy B2B partners. The format is mostly used by tourism partners, but rapidly adopted by other industries as well.
About the role
Komoot is growing with a speed of 1 million new users a month, and with it our B2B ads inventory. Now we’re on the look out for a senior sales manager to join Daniela and Iris – our small but effective sales team – on their mission to generate and acquire new B2B leads and scale our native ads sales.
Ready for your next adventure?
Whoops, Looks Like This Position Is No Longer Open!
What you will do
- Drive lead generation and acquisition with full control over your sales activities to ensure our common sales and revenue goals are reached.
- Use traditional and digital channels or find new, quirky ways to feed the sales funnel.
- Sell targeted Sponsored Collections – komoot’s native ads – to tourism destinations, transport companies, and other players in the outdoor industry.
- Monitor the market and competition and keep an eye on relevant e-commerce KPIs reporting and monitoring.
- Work closely with the Brand/Editorial team to deliver tailor made content to your partners.
- Manage a portfolio of B2B partners and support them with campaign-planning and execution.
- Drive performance- optimization efforts and ensure our B2B partners are getting the best value possible.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that changes the way people explore outdoors.
- You’ll team up with Iris & Daniela - a dynamic duo constantly on the lookout for unique ways to reach their sales goals as a team.
- In their own words: “not your typical sales team.” Plus there’s Markus, who we hear is an awesome boss.
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You will become a part of a fully remote, diverse and international komoot team. That is 65 smart, inspiring and fun-loving humans with a wide range of backgrounds.
- This is a fully remote role and you are free to work from any location that lies between the UTC-1 to UTC 3 timezone. Will it be the beach? The mountains? Your house or a co-working space of your choice (covered by us)? Or maybe our HQ situated by lake in Potsdam?
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides. Check out these videos to find out more about us.
You will be successful in this position if you
- You have 5+ years strong sales experience working with an inspiring product.
- You handle everything from small to very complex deals and account management is in your repertoire too.
- Cold calling is a breeze and sales is in your DNA – you could sell ice to an Eskimo or sand to a Saharan bedouin trader without even realising it.
- You speak German and English on a native/business fluent level.
- Words like CTR, CPC, bounce or interaction rates mean something to you. You have solid experience setting up and optimizing digital marketing campaigns.
- You like working in a team - lone wolves won’t enjoy this environment.
- Ideally, you are well connected in the tourism sector and have a strong network of contacts (e.g. from your current role, agency, etc.).
- Driving licence is required as you will attend some sales tours (when the situation is safe).
- Bonus points : Digital tech sales experience; Fluency in French, Italian, Spanish or Dutch.
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English - highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write-up (Cover Letter) explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one.
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot